TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to all who work or reside in the Preston area.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the participant agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. All costs associated with provision of cameras, developing, printing and distribution of materials relating to the competition, including costs associated with the exhibition will be covered by The Foxton Centre, with no liability for the photographer. Donations can be made to The Foxton Centre via the JustGiving website www.justgiving.com/Preston-OurCity-Your City
4. Entries should be submitted as described on the competition website. Entries must be labelled with the participant’s entry number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
5. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
6. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Participants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work.
7. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to The Foxton Centre to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. The images selected for exhibition will be chosen by a panel of judges. Selected images will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The judges’ decision is final.
10. The images shortlisted for exhibition at The Foxton Festival will be selected by visitors to the exhibition and by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final. The shortlisted entrants will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the exhibition.
11. Five prizes will be awarded for five entries selected by the judges. The judges’ decision is final. The prizes may change throughout the competition depending on sponsorship received from supporting organisations. Prizes will be notified during The Foxton Festival.
12. The entrants and winners may be required to take part in publicity. The Foxton Centre reserves the right to reproduce, without payment, any images for publicity and promotion purposes in connection with the competition and The Foxton Centre’s activities, including but not limited to newsletters, press releases, social media and website.
13. The Foxton Centre may use the submitted images to generate income via prints, postcards, calendars or the like. Any profit from such sales will be divided 50% to The Foxton Centre and 50% to the photographer(s) to be divided equally where there are multiple photographers.
14. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of The Foxton Centre and accordingly The Foxton Centre may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and the participant agrees that no liability shall attach to The Foxton Centre as a result thereof.